Basics to make your marriage work
Am I married?
Obviously, the answer is ‘No’.
Then, how do I know all this?
I have been friends with many couples for all these years. After listening to hours of their married-life-story, I just decided to concise everything which would also serve as my bible later (after I get married).
So, here we go :-
1. The most important aspect of married life is to understand your partner. Love blooms if your partner understands you well. The bond remains intact for decades.
2. Appreciate your partner’s hobbies and interests and do not impose your liking’s on your partner. Life becomes dull otherwise. If possible get involved and get grooving, which shows your partner how much you understand. Also take your partner along when you enjoy your interests.
3. Never make fun of your partners past. The moral of your marriage comes down.
4. Share your secrets with your better half. But sometimes these secrets may haunt your relationship, so be-aware on what to tell and what not.
5. Spending some quality time together is a secret for successful marriage. You get to know each other better. It may be a problem for couples living in large joint families, but, still you can take out some time for your beloved.
6. Indian couples are ‘food and children’ oriented. Please change this mind-set, we are in the 21st century and the world is moving ahead.
7. Support your partner for all effort he/she made. Make sure to support the right efforts though.
8. Gift your partner things he/she likes. These little (if any) gifts will be appreciated later.
If you get the basics right, your marriage will bloom.