Paradise for Foodies – Eat Street, Bangalore
The Eat Street of Namma Bengaluru is present in VV Puram area of Basavanagudi close to Sajjan Roa circle. The street is close to 200meters and houses more than 50+ food joints, a paradise for foodies! The place is crazy during the weekends, so try to reach here early. Most of the stalls starts by 6pm. Here you can find not only South Indian delicacies but other street foods from across the world be it American, Italian or even Chinese. Here is a list of 4 food items that you cannot miss:
- Floating Pani Puri – The floating Pani Puri from Om Sri Vinayaka Bangarpet Chat Express is something very unique. Instead of putting the water inside the crispy balls, the flavored water is poured below giving a sense of floating objects. The taste of these pani puri is fantastic as it is filled with chickpea masala and veggies. You can ask for more flavored water for free!
- Roomali roti with Chole ki sabzi – This crazy dish is famous in the Northern part of India. But here we are in Bangalore at the Chinese Corner trying this. The Roomali Roti is baked on an inverted kadai (circular wok) and a thick gravy of Chole (chickpeas) is served with it. The combo is delicious and hot too! Plus you get a free show of flying roomali rotis.
- Gobi Manchurian – If there is one street food that could be called truly Bangalorean, its probably the Gobi Manchurian. The Chinese Corner is the best place to try it among others. The Gobi are crispy to the max and are served in small paper plates. (Note: There is no difference between Gobi Manchurian or Gobi 65 as they use the same sauce).
- Paneer Masala Dosa – The Paneer Masala Dosa at Sri Vasaavi Mane Tindi is one of the hottest items on the food street. The Dosa is made with ghee and a generous amount of paneer is grated on it! They even have a service hall where you can sit and devour this delicacy.
The other two items that you can skip and are highly over-rated:
- Jalebi with Rabdi – First of all the combo is out of the world. But don’t try this at the Eat Street. The ingredients are not fresh and rabdi didn’t taste that great.
- Potato Twister – You will probably find this with every other person. But the Potato Twister gives empty calories and fills the stomach really fast, not to forget it is way too oily. There are better options out their on the Food Paradise!
The Eat Street of Bangalore is indeed a paradise for foodies!
I have been to this place so many times always visted the same ones first time i am reading about the floating pani puri and Roomali roti with Chole ki sabzi. Nice read.
Sharath recently posted…10 Tips to choose Bhandarys Kitchen- The best catering service in Bangalore
Yes those are the best ones for sure!!!
Nice Article!… Thanks for Sharing. Keep Sharing information